A Picnic At The Park.

4.26.2013

I think it might be safe to say that spring is now finally here.  Actually, when you live in Alberta it's probably not safe to say that until the end of May, but a girl can hope can't she?

I got so darn hopeful and excited for spring the other day that I whipped up a little picnic for Jon and I to enjoy at the North Glenmore Park.


I don't usually share recipes on this here blog, but I can't resist passing this one along.  It's so dang easy and delicious, even Jon likes it.  The basic recipe can be found HERE.  I like to think I make mine better though... I found it's cheaper to just use a pre-roasted chicken from a grocery store, no onions, basil or lemon juice, add craisins, and do half and half mayo and coleslaw dressing instead of just mayo.  This makes it a sweeter chicken salad.  SO GOOD.


After eating I wanted to take a half decent picture of Jon and I together, so I manufactured a makeshift camera stand from a croissant and juice box.  Please enjoy my mad skills with a camera timer...


Finally Jon got fed up with my lame attempts and proved that he is a much better camera propper-upper.  I think the lesson to be learned here is that we should consider investing in a tripod.

3 comments :

  1. How fun! Picnics are the absolute best. You guys are so cute haha. I always use make-shift camera stands too that end up totally missing the subject. Oh well, they're cute anyway. And the last picture of the both of you is SUPER cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love the picture attempts haha. Picnics are the bomb.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram