24.11.16

8 Minute Memoir - Day Seventeen

Day Seventeen - "A Sibling"



I only have two siblings.  So it seems kind of mean to just pick one of them to write about.  But the funny thing is, when I think about my relationships with my sisters, the best memories I have with them are one-on-one situations.  My husband would blame this on the fact that we are an uneven number, and I might have to agree.  You see, when the three of us are together, nine times out of ten some kind of fight is going to happen.  I assure you we love each other very much, but there's just something about the three of us together that equates with someone getting offended and some kind of fight erupting.  It's been that way since we were little.  Two of us would be playing quite nicely, then the odd man out would want in on the fun and BAM - we're fighting.  It's like some kind of chemical reaction, where one and two combine nicely, so do one and three and two and three, but as soon as you mix one, two, and three together, the reaction combusts.  That's not to say that it's always going to be like this.  We're starting to calm down a little, so in the future I see us being able to get a long just fine.  Heck, the other night the three of us were FaceTiming together and we had a hoot.

Some of the memories I have with my sisters, individually include:

Kassidy: picking the rhubarb from my parents garden with her in Westlock and wearing the big leafs as hats; picking little curly pumpkin or cucumber vines from the garden and putting them down her pants (for some reason I thought this was hilarious); getting in a fight with Kassidy on Boxing Day and using the plastic shape holder my brand new watch came in as a weapon - I broke it on her head, I still feel bad about that to this day (sorry Kass); getting to tag along to her clogging competitions and being amazed at her coordination - whenever I tried to clog she'd laugh her head off at me; playing post office, writing and delivering letters to each other ...

Hannah: laying her on a blanket as a baby and dragging the blanket around the house; playing house with her as a baby and putting her into my new doll high chair - she got stuck and my parents had to play a game of tug-o-war to get her out (Dad holding the legs of the high chair, Mom pulling on a screaming Hannah); pinning Hannah down and spit torturing her, or squishing her face into crazy looks; watching her play with her "pet" ants - at the acreage I grew up at, there was a huge ant hill at the end of the driveway - Hannah wasn't old enough to have a pet, but was jealous that Kassidy and I each had one, so she claimed the ants as her pets and would go sit in the pile and let them crawl all over her - when she was done she'd come home, still with ants all over her ...
1 comment on "8 Minute Memoir - Day Seventeen"
  1. Awww! I love this. I have five sisters, so I feel like writing about all of them would be impossible. Nicely anyways. Ha! Well done.

    ReplyDelete