17.4.18

Summer Journal 2018

I'm taking a bit of a different approach to my journal this summer, if anyone cares to know. It was a huge commitment to journal everyday last year and I'm just not up for it again. Instead, this year I've created "Summer Passports" for my girls and then my own journal will follow along with them.


Essentially, the summer passports are just a bucket list of things to do this summer but given a passport type spin to make them more interactive for the girls.


The first couple of pages are for "tallies." There are a few fun things we do throughout the entire summer, so instead of marking it down just once, these pages are for them to mark a tally down every time we do it.


The rest of the book is filled with more traditional type passport pages, where after completing the activity we'll put down a sticker, mark the date, and I'll ask them what they thought of it and write that down in their own words.  There are four sections: playgrounds; nature; rainy days; and to-do.




Then in my journal, I have a page dedicated to each one of these activities where I'll put a picture taken while doing it and write out how it went.



I also have some other pages for items that I'd like to accomplish this summer that are just for ME, such as going on a day hike, going bridge jumping, etc. The lastly, I have a two page spread dedicated for each week of the summer so I can journal once a week.


Why the heck do I have this all done already? Because Jon is a student, so summer means May through August, whether the snow is melted or NOT! We plan to play hard this summer!!! Who wants to join us?
1 comment on "Summer Journal 2018"
  1. I would sooooo love to join you!! Is there a page there for an adventure in Utah? Maybe I’ll keep you on my “advance” team for any trip to Canada. Just for the record....bridge jumping is way down on my “must do” list so you wouldn’t have to save that for me ����
    But these a great ideas, cute books, And I may just have to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete