21.12.12

The Coldest Feet I Ever Had

I have a place I like to call my very own.  A place where I usually go by myself to do some thinking.  When I was growing up, I would ride my bike here to go for a swim and then sit on my thinking rock.  When I was engaged, and only a few days away from my wedding, I went here and panicked.  I can recall sitting on my thinking rock with tears streaming down my face, looking out over the water and wondering if I'd ever be able to come here again.  My feet were mighty cold on a warm May evening.

Fortunately, they warmed up and a few days later I celebrated one of the best days of my life.  Although the first few months were a test for both of us, I can honestly say now that marrying Jon is the best decision I have made thus far in my life.  I just love him to pieces.

Yesterday, I went to my place again for the first time since that case of cold feet.  I am pleased to say that in the middle of winter, my feet were warm and cozy.  And I couldn't help but think about how lucky I am.






1 comment on "The Coldest Feet I Ever Had"
  1. This was really touching because it hit home to me. I have a place just like this in Glenwood. It's this little patch of trees in the middle of a huuuge field where I would ride my bike to, sit in the comfort of those big trees, pluck long strands of grass, spin them around my finger and then rip them to pieces. I'd sit there and just think, and think. It made me really homesick for that place.

    ReplyDelete