30.9.14

Babies are like Horcruxes

Don't mind me while I channel my inner nerd for a second here, but babies are seriously like horcruxes.  You know, like from Harry Potter?  Ever since the birth of Sheriff I've felt this unbelievable love for her, almost to the point where it feels like she's taken a little piece of my soul.  Hence, the saying, "Babies are like Horcruxes," has been rolling through my mind.  It's catchy to say eh?  So catchy, that if I had a band right now I'd want to name it Horcrux Baby.

Anyways, when I decided to write a silly post about this I did some research on horcruxes quickly, just to make sure I wasn't completely out to lunch.  And the definition from the incredibly reliable HARRY POTTER wiki (yes, there's such a thing), just blew my mind even more.  See here:


Babies totally are like horcruxes.  Heck, babies ARE horcruxes.

This all explains more fully to me why I had this feeling of anxiety one of the first nights after taking Sheriff home from the hospital.  I was up at like 3 AM feeding her when I had this overwhelming feeling that I NEEDED to have like 6 more babies immediately.  Perhaps the more accurate saying is, "Kristen is like Voldemort."


… Holy crap that escalated quickly … 
5 comments on "Babies are like Horcruxes"
  1. HAHA what the heck this is 100% awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just peed my pants laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the best thing I have read in a long time. you freaking kill me. but in all honesty, it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete