6.3.11

TRUNKY.

Today I realized that everyone is human.  Everyone.  No matter who you are.  And all humans have struggles.  All of them.  No matter who they are.  Life is just a great long line of eternal booms and busts, just like an economy.  Things go up and they eventually come down.  Lately I've been stuck in that downward part of things.  I'm a sloth in a trough.  It's been bugging me too, so I did some searching around and found a diagnosis for my problem on urbandictionary.com, here's my problem:


trunky: (1) restless, antsy (2) specifically, eager to leave or go home; possibly referring to "packing one's trunks"; Example: Kristen Gibb feels trunky.


Okay.  That's not the actual example of trunky given by urbandictionary.com, but it's probably the best example out there. 


Goodness gracious, am I ever trunky!!!!


I partially blame this bout of homesickness on this never ending season of winter.  Over the years since High School, I've come to associate home with summer, because that's when I'm lucky enough to live in SoAB.  Forgive me for the rest of my blog, but the only cure for a case of homesickness is to be nostalgic and reminisce. 



I miss painting things.



I miss being a red neck.


I miss dirt road dance parties.


I miss pool parties.



I miss working at the pool.



I miss lifeguard parties.


I miss coaching soccer.



I miss picnics.



I miss Waterton.


I miss old friends.


I miss epic Sunday scone parties.


I miss the great ideas that these guys always have.


I miss sharing my room with Hannah.


I miss working with Charlene.


I miss riding my bike everywhere.


I miss playing with my sisters.


I think I'll just close my eyes and tap my heels three times and think "there's no place like home."  That should get me through the next 50 or so days.

SUMMER HURRY UP!!!!!
3 comments on "TRUNKY."
  1. oh kristen, i loved this post. i live 30 minutes from my parents and i still get that feeling. and i get that feeling like a banchi when it comes to the first of july! i can't wait to see you this summer girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS SUMMER (sobbing).

    50 days doesn't sound too bad. You can do it Kristen, GO KRISTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, it is stinking cold and gloomy here at home, too. Maybe it is SoAB that is missing you.

    ReplyDelete