25.12.11

Give it a Hug.

I used to have an old Volcom shirt back in High School.  It had the words "The only constant is change" written all over it.

To 16 year old Kristen, those words meant very little.  They looked cool on my sweet shirt and that was all I really cared about.  And besides, sayings like that aren't even supposed to make sense right?  They're deep, you know, like, deep.  And deep means you don't waste time thinking about it.

Unfortunately, I got older and now I waste my time thinking about deep stuff.  Bumper stickers, commercials, T-shirts, you name it, I think about it.  And this Christmas I keep thinking back to that nifty Volcom shirt I had.

"The only constant is change."

The only thing you can count on in life is that things will change.

It's inevitable.

So choose to embrace it.

Love it.

Look forward to it.

Give it a hug.

This Christmas is different from all the rest.  Things have changed.

We have a new pet in the Gibb home.  Peetree.  She likes to climb the tree and knock all the ornaments on the ground.


There's pretty much no snow.  Anywhere.  This little change is actually quite nice.



We had Christmas Eve with Grandma and Grandpa Gibb.  It was a pleasure to give them their first fondue experience.



There's a boy sharing Christmas with us this year.  Fiance Jon has come down for his first taste of the Gibb family Christmas.



My friends.  Bless their hearts.  They're all grown women.  They have husbands.  They're having babies.



Things are changing.  And they always will be.  So just give change a hug.
1 comment on "Give it a Hug."
  1. But they are still dirty pervs just like they were in high school! ha ha your friends, that is. you are so cute Kristen...and you guys really do look like you should be in a magazine! sorry we probably scared you for marriage...but it was fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete