13.10.13

Long Live the Country

I know I'll be ready to marry a boy if I love him more than the country.

I can still vividly remember the day and place when that thought first crossed my mind.  I was riding my bike across the prairies towards Waterton National Parks, looking out over the magnificent expanse of flat lands to rolling hills to mountains.

Nowadays I have the best of both worlds: a boy who puts up with my love of the country, even if it means skipping his family's Thanksgiving dinner to catch a horse ride with my Dad on the Ridge.

Long live the country.










16 comments on "Long Live the Country"
  1. Oh, this makes my heart ache! I need to come home to Alberta for a visit soon! Long live the country indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel awful for making your heart ache - because I can totally relate to that feeling and it isn't fun. Come to Canada!

      Delete
  2. We do have the best of both worlds. I too have a great man and i live in a great country. Thanks for the photos, they make me proud of where i live. Get ready to tuck under the covers for winter and its just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently brainwashing Jon to move us to the country ASAP. That way we can go on country adventures together :)

      Delete
  3. Kristen, these photos are incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are absolutely stunning! - Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My long lost Kate! I always love comments from you. I think it's time you start a blog of your own...

      Delete
  5. your pictures are incredible and make me miss home! great, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks Beautiful! Kind of Jealous not going to lie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In love. Makes me so sad to be moving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place! These pictures are just gorgeous!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen I love the pictures! We are so lucky to live around such beauty

    ReplyDelete