24.4.16

Summer is Coming

x

x

x

x

I've mentioned on here before that I have an unhealthy obsession with summertime.  There's just something so magical about summer in southern Alberta.  It makes my body tingle just thinking about it.  There are so many places to explore.  So many snow bobs and ice cream cones to be eaten.  And the sunsets.  You don't just watch a southern Alberta sunset.  You feel it.  The air just becomes so intoxicating and soft and the sky comes alive.  There's so much sky.  It was this huge deep blue expanse all day, giving you light and energy to make the most of that precious summer day, and in the evening it winds you down and tucks you in for a restful summer night.  The sky becomes God's canvas as He vividly paints the sky from that deep blue to an eruption of orange and red before winding down into violet, indigo, and a dusky purple.  Then the stars come out.  So many stars.  

Anyways, you get the picture that I love summer and I love where I live.  I know most people make New Year's resolutions, and I do too, but I'm more of a summer "resolutionist."  I make summer resolutions, or more commonly called a summer bucket list, and I aim to keep it.  So without further ado, I bring you my Summer 2016 list.

1.  Eat ice cream in Glenwood
2.  Complete an entire 4 week Nike Training Club program 100%
3.  Do the Triple Crown with my pal Emme!
4.  Take Sheriff on a hike... probably Crandell
5.  Go on a bike ride with Jon
6.  Go bridge jumping
7.  T-shirt kickstarter
8.  Sleep on the trampoline with Sheriff
9.  Watch fireworks
10.  Go boating

And this list is my for my more challenging goals, where I won't be totally bummed if it isn't accomplished, but I really, really want to do it.

1.  Swim across Ridge Reservoir
2.  Do the Fantastic Four in 24 hours
3.  
4.
I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right this second.  I'll add them when I do.

I'M SO DARN EXCITED FOR SUMMER!!!!

1 comment on "Summer is Coming"
  1. Swim across the Ridge?!?!?!!? you are my hero for even thinking about this!! Love your summer bucket list

    ReplyDelete