30.4.16

Thoughts on Parenthood

I live in a lovely neighbourhood where a great deal of the backyards back onto a green space and trail.  When I run on said trails I can't help but look into all the backyards.  Honestly, one of the things I look forward to most about owning my own home is the backyard.  I want a huge garden, beautiful flower beds, neatly pruned trees, and a well manicured lawn.  I love yard work.  It's so relaxing.  So when I run pass yards that embody my dreams, my heart just sings.  But those kind of yards aren't all that common.  There are yards where the owners obviously have a dog that has wreaked havoc on everything.  There are yards where the owners just plum don't care.  And then there are yards that belong to the little people that live in the house.  Those yards have toys and bikes and balls and swing sets and sandboxes and much more strewn everywhere.  And although my heart yearns for the tidy yard, I know that when I finally own a house, I will have the last yard.  And that is okay.  Because in all honesty, I think the little people that create the chaos in the last yard will bring me infinitely more joy than the most neat and tidy yard in the world can.  And besides, "to every thing there is a season."

x
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment