2.1.11

KG'S MOTTO.

I have a motto.  It's served me well for the past ten or so months.  I thought I picked it up from a General Authority in a conference talk or something, but when I tried looking it up today I realized it's actually from Steven R. Covey.  Don't worry, I'm not losing my mind, Steven R. Covey is pretty much a General Authority and he gave a fireside in Calgary last spring, so that's where I heard it.  Say hello to Mr. Covey -


Wanna know what my motto is?  Well, to quote the big man himself, here it is:

"I am now 76 years old and could easily retire.  But I'm not retired and I don't plan to retire.  I don't believe in retirement.  Why people ask me?  Simply, I have a life motto.  It is: Live life in crescendo!

Living life in crescendo to me means that my most important work is always ahead of me, never behind me.  I believe that 'where much is given, much is required.'  I have a sacred stewardship to contribute and not to retire to leisure.  Also, the greatest way to serve my 50 grandkids is not just to love them and tend to their interests and needs, but to be an example of someone who is constantly making a difference in the world.

Start living your life in crescendo - and remember your most important work is ahead of you, not behind you!  There is so much more to do, to learn and contribute."

Live life in crescendo.  Unfamiliar with the word crescendo?  Well, in music theory, crescendo is very similar to the less than symbol in math, <.  It symbolizes a gradual, steady increase in loudness or force.  It makes a song bigger and better, louder and exciting.  Isn't that what we all want out of life?  For each new day to be better than the last?  Or each new year?  With a motto like that, who needs a New Year's resolution?!

It was really hard to think of some sort of New Year's resolution for 2011, but don't worry, I figured one out.  I need to be better at expressing gratitude.  2011 will be the year of gratitude.  I have so much to be thankful for, so I'm going to start letting people know when they're appreciated, starting with YOU.  Thank you for reading my blog.  It means a lot.  I love getting little comments and compliments about the random things I have to say.  Thanks for brightening my day with your kind words and making me feel good about myself.  YOU'RE THE BEST!

Now, dear Gibb family.  I'm letting you know that I was in fact living my life in crescendo while writing this blog entry.  Do not be alarmed when you find all of the cookies and cream ice cream gone from the basement freezer.  I polished it off.  Yup, there was still quite a bit left, but you see, I had to eat more than I ate the last time.  Just livin' my life in crescendo!  Love, Krit.


P.S.  Holy smokes it was good too.
3 comments on "KG'S MOTTO."
  1. Well since you like getting these little notes, ill leave one! These blog posts are great, its like reading a general conference talk, (except for maybe the single ladies video) haha. Its as if your words are a net and you have captured life in them. Thanks for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I think I will start living the eating habits part of my life in decrescendo and the rest in crescendo.

    THANK YOU for blogging KGibb, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete