19.2.12

3. Snog. Canoodle. Get it on.

The third "Way to Happiness" is pretty much just affection I guess.

Sidebar:  I remember reading the fifth Harry Potter book and coming across that mysterious "snog" word for the first time.  What the heck?  The English just have the most peculiar way of putting things.

Anyways, I really have no intriguing thoughts, suggestions, or ideas on this topic because:

a)  Jon and I have this nice big list of rules from his Bishop which state we can only hold hands and have a teeny peck goodnight, and

b)  I'm all alone for like a week while Jon visits his friend down in Rexburg.

So as you can see, this post really stinks.  But fear not, I thought of a substitution for affection.  And I realized I'm not even a real blogger yet because I've never even posted a recipe.  So please enjoy the following.

Substitution for affection = Chocolate.  And ice cream.

Recipe = Kristen's Homemade Ice Cream Cake

Sometimes I sit around and daydream about what would taste really good.  So one day I was day dreaming about a multitude of things.  It went something like this:  

"Dang, I could really hork down some cookie dough right now.  And ice cream would taste like a million bucks too.  Oh man, but I'd also love some brownies.  I could seriously just eat all of them together."

So I made an ice cream cake that had all of the above.  Plus crushed oreos.  And chocolate sauce.

To share this goodness with you, I made my family a Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream Cake this weekend and documented the process like a real blogger would.  So hold on to your seats and try to stop your drool from dripping onto your keyboard.

In all my years of eating Dairy Queen ice cream cakes, I felt as if they were missing something.  And then I realized it was a crust on the bottom.  So the first layer of the cake is:

1. The brownie crust


Cut up an entire bag of Two-Bite Brownies into smaller pieces.  Spread it across the bottom of a spring-form pan.  I put Saran Wrap underneath the bottom and then up the insides of the pan to tell peel it off the ice cream when you serve it.  The next layer is...

2. Chocolate Sauce


Just a fine drizzily layer should do the trick.  Next layer...

3. Vanilla Ice Cream


Spread an entire box of Vanilla ice cream gently across.  Be sure to let the ice cream sit out for just a little bit so it's not to hard and doesn't ruin the delicate brownie crust.  Next, you gotta...

4. Crush Oreos


Yup.  Crush enough Oreos to cover the vanilla ice cream.  Sure, you could buy Oreos crumbs, but then you're cheating yourself from the exquisite cream center of the cookie.  It's your choice really.  Next, you guessed it...

5. More chocolate sauce


Don't act like you're surprised.  Drizzle another fine layer across the crushed Oreos.  Next layer is...

6. Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream


Yes.  Another, more decadent layer of ice cream is necessary.  Remember, let the ice cream soften before trying to spread it across, or else you end up just mutilating those perfect layers you've already made.

7. Then preheat oven to 350 degrees


Just kidding.  But this is what you're masterpiece will look like.  What you've really got to do next is put it in the freezer.  The first time I made it, I only let it freeze for like 5 or 6 hours because I really wanted to eat it.  This one froze overnight.  Lastly, you'll want to...

8. GARNISH and SERVE!


YUM DUDE.  If you're wondering about Nutrition Information, this is all I've got for you:

Calories:        It's worth it so don't ask.

And there you have it.  If you can't snog, make yourself an ice cream cake.

4 comments on "3. Snog. Canoodle. Get it on."
  1. um, this sounds/looks amazing! Too bad Joe just had his birthday...I need an excuse to make this!! Does it being Monday tomorrow count as a good enough excuse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm!!!! This should go on pinterest or the food network or something along those lines! :-) along with the 800 calories per slice peanut butter chocolate cake thing i had tonight! Who cares? I'm a nursing mother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious! Love it. Now you are officially A REAL blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, Kristen! This cake seriously looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete