16.9.12

School Has Taken My Spare Time Hostage.

So I'm still alive.  I've just been kidnapped by school.  It's so lame.  I agree with this old guy:


I just can't help thinking of all the awesome, productive, and creative things I could be doing if I wasn't stuck jumping through hoops.  

Anyways, although I've been too busy to be a good blogger, I've still be working away at checking things off my Fall To Do List.  Allow me to share my progress.

The first day of school has come and gone.  Enjoy our lovely back to school pictures:



Jon is married to a bum.  

How have our Love Jars been going?  Remember these?


Well, they've been awesome!  We found that completing a favour every day to be pushing it, so we give ourselves a week to complete the little mystery we draw from each others jar.  So far Jon has done the best one for me.  One of my favours I wanted was for Jon to play a phone prank on me.  HE GOT ME SOOO GOOOOOD!!!  Lately I've been doing something somewhat illegal... Don't judge me.  Long story short, I find music I like on YouTube and then go here to get it for free...  (This is a recent favourite song...)  So, I've been a bad Kristen.  Please don't judge me.  Anyways, Jon knew this about me and then when he drew the favour to "play a phone prank" he knew just what to do.  He phoned this prank to me.  And it got me good.  I highly recommend playing this prank on someone you know to be committing digital piracy.

Next update - Jon and I have tried to implement the "Phone Box" into our life.  What is that you might ask?  Pretty much exactly what it sounds like.  A box for our phones.  In this new digital world, newly weds don't get home phones.  Instead they both continue to live separate phone lives with their private cell phones.  Which turns out to be very distracting and create a sort of barrier between spouses.  Or at least that's what they were doing to Jon and I.  Since we don't have a TV, internet, board games, or anything else really entertaining at our place, phones were being used a bit much.  So we welcomed this little fellow into our lives:


Nowadays, once we get home for the evening from school, we put our phones to rest in the box.  They are much less distracting when they are put away.  I'm beginning to feel like getting a smart phone was the worst decision of my life.  I'd much rather have a home phone and, if completely necessary, an old school, bare bones cell phone for when I'm out of the house driving somewhere.  The phones like the box, don't they look so cozy?


And one last thing worth sharing on this here blog.  Some pictures of our humble abode.  Cause that's what all the cool kids do.  Here is our home:


The piano wall.  Complete with backpacks and a lovely dress form.


The rest of the living room.  We do not have a dining room.  Or a table.  Or chairs.  


And here's our cute little kitchen.

So I believe that's a wrap.  I promise to write something a little more... enlightening in the very near future.  Have a good week.
1 comment on "School Has Taken My Spare Time Hostage."
  1. 1. that piano is freaking amazing! did you do it yourself?

    2. i am soooooo happy that i am not the only one getting music through those youtube converter things. i don't care. i am a poor journalist and i need carly rae jeppson in my life.

    ReplyDelete