2.9.12

Gosh Darn It, I'm Excited For Fall!

Honestly, I'm not really that excited for fall.  But I'm making myself be.  Because sometimes you have to make yourself pretend to be super excited for something before you actually are.

Before being actually diagnosed with Depression, I would display traits of it every year exactly around this time.  That dreadful time of year when the summer ends and the reality of a long and cold winter looms ahead.  So I guess you can say I might have Seasonal Depression.  Anyways, this year I have decided that I don't want to be sad about Fall and Winter.  So I'm going to treat it exactly how I treat Spring and Summer.

I'm going to say I'm excited (hence the title of this post), I'm going to make a "To Do List" of all the fun things I want to accomplish during the Fall, and I'm going to embrace the simple delights of each Fall day (something that seems a lot easier to do during the summer).

So here goes nothing!  

I AM SO EXCITED FOR FALL!!

Here is my Fall To Do List:

1.  Take back to school pictures with Jonny

2.  Make and host a dinner in our humble home

3.  Carve a pumpkin and roast the seeds

4.  Be the best candy givers on Halloween

5.  Go on a double date

6.  Make our own little Thanksgiving dinner

7.  Go to a Remembrance Day Memorial Ceremony

8.  Manage my time better

9.  Start the "Love Jars"

10.  Start the "Phone Box"

And here is Jon and I embracing a simple fall delight on September 1st - driving down to visit my parents for the long weekend.  Enjoy!



10 comments on "Gosh Darn It, I'm Excited For Fall!"
  1. hahaha secret agent man... where the stink did he get that idea???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. Wait until you get married, you'll be surprised daily with the things your husband comes up with!!!

      Delete
  2. Double date me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE!! I've been dying to ever since I knew I was getting married. Do you have my cell phone number?

      Delete
  3. I want an explanation of "love jars" :-) sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously there will be a line up to hang out with you two but for reals, anything involving others count us in!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done!! We should start some kind of newly wedded club where we do fun stuff together like pot lucks.

      Delete
  5. looks like we will be making a stop at your house on Halloween night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Bring some mace just in case, my neighborhood is kinda sketchy. Which is good because I won't have to decorate too much. Haha

      Delete