20.2.14

Proof I'm Not a Party Pooper

Before we were dating, Jon used to loyally read my blog.  But now he doesn't really.  He says I only blog about sad things.  I guess he has a point, reading about depression probably isn't the most entertaining thing in the world and it probably makes me seem like a total party pooper.

I promise I'm not a party pooper.  I even have proof.


Oh, what's this you ask?  Just Jon and I communicating one with another.


This is the cake I carefully selected for Jon on his 26th birthday.


And this picture made me laugh for days.  After placing the ample supply of toilet paper in our cart, Jon squeamishly turned to me and said, "Now everyone is going to know that we poop."  I love how he found that more embarrassing than wearing red long johns around super store.


Another example of laughing for days.  Jon dropped his beloved Codex of Alera book in the toilet.  This could be interpreted as a sad story, except for Jon's petrifying toilet phobia.  Imagine a grown man in full fledged panic mode trying to save his book and maintain his dignity at the same time.

In addition to these excellent pictures and stories, I have seriously the best church calling ever.  Primary Chorister.  Allow me to share a few tales.

A couple Sundays ago the Senior Primary was learning about the Plan of Salvation.  While discussing the Celestial Kingdom, it was mentioned that we have the potential to become as Heavenly Father, or rather, to become Gods.  This news was too much for one boy.  He nearly leapt out of his seat and exclaimed, "I can be THOR?!"

Quite awhile ago the Junior Primary was being taught about all the places they could pray.  When the Primary President started talking about how we could pray ".. in our closets," she elaborated further by saying this means to pray in a private place.  I noticed a 4 year old girl sitting across from me slowly raise her hand and then retort when she was called upon: "A private place is a penis and vagina."  Needless to say, sharing time ended a bit abruptly as the Primary President struggled to hide her laughter.

Each Sunday we recite some of the Articles of Faith.  For the Junior Primary, a leader will usually say a line followed by the children repeating it.  While practicing the second Article of Faith, the same dear little girl from the story above said the following:  "We believe…..  That men will be punished…..  AT HOME."  Truer words have not been spoken.

During another sharing time, the Junior Primary was being taught about choosing the right.  The Primary President would hold up a picture of an object or activity and the children would say whether it was good or bad.  One picture seemed especially easy to determine, as there was a cigarette, glass of wine and beer bottle.  However, again, the dear sweet girl from above shouted, "That's my Dad's favourite!"  She must have recognized the beer bottle as being a tasty brand of root beer, as her parents are definitely active.  

See, I'm not a party pooper!
5 comments on "Proof I'm Not a Party Pooper"
  1. Hahaha! Those primary stories are too much. I miss being chorister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being in primary, but we aren't as exciting as that! I laughed out loud, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the primary chorister too - and I'm loving it as well! I now understand why my teacher friends always say "only believe 50% of what they come home (from school) and tell you, and I'll only believe 50% of what they come (to school) and tell me!" You just never know what's going to come out of their little mouths…
    Like I told you on Sunday, I find your honesty about life in general refreshing. We need more stories like yours. Day to day living, not day to day wishful thinking. (that probably didn't make sense…it's late!)
    Blog on Kristen, blog on!
    P.S. That picture of your hubby with the toilet paper is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bhahaahahahahaha!! Everything about this post had me laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete