5.12.10

It's a Wonderful Life

I've always been more of an Ebenezer Scrooge when it comes to Christmas time. Take this picture for example, 3912 Christmas of '07.  Think you can guess which stocking is mine?


If you guessed the skinny black sock in the middle, you are CORRECT!

Now, don't be getting all mad at me for being Grinch Gibb, let me explain myself.  I didn't say, "I HATE CHRISTMAS!" (guess the movie... hehe), I'm merely saying there is very little that I thoroughly enjoy about the "most happiest time of the year", those being:


1.  celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ


2.  Fruitcake (P.S. I'm dead serious)


3.  the song O Holy Night


4.  and the movie It's A Wonderful Life

As for the rest, let's just say it frustrates me.  Don't you ever feel like the real meaning of Christmas has been taken hostage and held for ransom?  No one wants to pay that ransom, because the price is simply looking past your list of wants, realizing there's more to Christmas than extravagant gifts, and being grateful for the life someone lived.  

I don't mean to preach a Christmas sermon, but have you ever wondered what the world would be like if you or someone you know never existed?  Then you should watch "It's A Wonderful Life".  Every time I watch this movie I love it more.  It truly is timeless.  To realize how important a single life is, simply imagine the world without it.  No matter how small or simple a person is, they make a difference and truly live a "wonderful life".  Now imagine the awful hole the world would experience without the birth of the Saviour.  This is the true spirit of Christmas.

This Christmas, be grateful.  Realize the importance of a single life.  Then choose to live a similar one.  

And watch "It's A Wonderful Life".

Merry Christmas :)
2 comments on "It's a Wonderful Life"
  1. haha i thought you said realize the 'importance of single life' at the end... i will try to live one.
    But I agree, "It's a wonderful life" is the greatest thing, next to Jesus and cupcakes. We should watch it together this holiday season!!
    God bless you & merry christmas, kristen gibb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KRISTEN! I relate to you on every level!!! Except of course for the fruitcake part, which I might replace with another great F-word - Family.

    ReplyDelete