17.10.16

8 Minute Memoir - Day Ten

Day Ten: "Messes"

x

My mom's loft above the garage is a complete and utter mess.  There is just tons and tons of crap up there sitting in this state of limbo called "storage."  It's being utilized for nothing.  Basically the only purpose all the stuff up there has is to collect dust and take up space.  And you want to know what?  It's my mess.  Pretty much all of it.  I'm so grateful my mom lets me keep all my junk up there, but honestly, in my eyes non of it is junk.  It's all the treasure I'm holding onto for the glorious day when I will have a place of my own to call home.  A place where all of that stuff can finally belong and do much more than just collect dust.  There are my old wedding decorations, some of which I fully intend to utilize as decor in my home.  There are some toys I'm holding onto to gift to my children when they're finally old enough to really appreciate them.  There's furniture: dressers, shelves, tables, a bed, a crib, etc.  All stuff that will finally be filled and sat at and laid in once I have a home.  Oh, and the boxes.  Boxes of books.  I'm confident there's at least 100 lbs of books up there.  Maybe even 200 lbs.  Some are so old and dusty the covers are falling off and you can almost smell the hands that held them to read all those many decades ago.  There are cookbooks.  Textbooks.  Children's books.  Novels.  Hundreds of thousands of hours worth of content to be read and digested.  There are clothes.  so many boxes of clothes.  And they're clothes that only fit for a very short window in the life of an infant.  There are also memories.  Memories of games played up there with great big groups of people, such as kissing rugby.  That loft is very, very full and it's a mess.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment