19.9.11

The Main Characters...

Dear Blog,

Because of you, I've felt really sheepish and guilty this past week.

I've felt sheepish because of my little hissy fit I had on my last post.  

And I've felt guilty because I realized you make me kind of selfish.

You see, I started you with the intentions of becoming a better person.  I wanted to document and share the things in my life that teach me, inspire me, and make me stretch.  Don't get me wrong, it's been great having you motivating me to look deeper, and writing a post every week has really helped my writing skills in school.  Unfortunately, because I'm focussing so much on what is happening with ME, and what I'M thinking, and what I learn about, I've begun to lose sight of the people around me who really matter.

For starters, I talk about myself way too much.  That is really, really lame.  And annoying for the people who are stuck listening.

So, just consider this a warning, dear blog.  Don't think I'm breaking up with you or anything, I'm just not going to be as obsessed with myself as much.  

Sincerely,

Kristen Gibb



I've always naturally been a very selfish person.  My parents can attest to that.  I can even recall an argument with my Dad where I solemnly stated that, "I am the main character of my own life."

Fortunately, I'm growing up.  And with growing up comes the realization that I am not the main character in my life.  I am merely the protagonist, because my success and growth is the plot of my life, but as the protagonist, I am surrounded by the amazing spectrum of characters that fill main roles.

Allow me to introduce the main characters in the life of Kristen Gibb.

God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ


God lives, as does His Son Jesus Christ.  They love me and I love them.  I am happiest when I choose to follow the path their gospel teaches.

Ma and Pa


I couldn't have asked for two better people to have raised me.  Twenty two years later and they're still putting up with me and giving me love and advice.  They love me and I love them.

Stisters


I could have sworn Kassidy and Hannah were the antagonists of my life up until a few years ago.  Nowadays, I can't think of two people who are more crazy and fun to hang out with.  Sometimes we all love each other.  Just kidding.  They love me and I love them.

Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, Cousins



Dear Melissa, I am straight up a picture thief.  Thanks.

Dear Wendorff Family, I couldn't find any pictures of us.  But I still love you.

I have the worlds greatest extended family.  I was lucky enough to live in the same town as all of my Mom's side of the family and fortunate enough to be apart of a tradition as spectacular as the Gibb Family First of July.  I love my Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and especially my cousins.

Roommates & Friends





Nothing beats living with a group of strangers and becoming best friends with them.  And nothing beats friendships that will never die.  I love these girls to death.

Ponytail Jon


Once upon a time I blogged about this guy named Ponytail Jon.  Jon no longer has a ponytail.  And so that is why we are dating now.  Just kidding.  But seriously, Jon is great.  He's teaching me to embrace things like snow and Calgary, he puts up with me when I'm a brat, and I think he might even be a little more competitive than I am.  Which is really saying something.  I really like Jon.

And now you know them.  These are the main characters in my life and my story would be short and sad if I didn't have them in it.  The End.
3 comments on "The Main Characters..."
  1. Awww I like this post ^_^ and not only because there is a fantastic picture of our glory days. I like the idea of being the protagonist in the story with many main characters. It makes the story a lot more interesting. Ps we should have a tea party some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristen, you can steel my pictures anyday! and i can't tell you how thrilled i am to be seeing you this weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely post! PS loved the pic of me, p and b!

    ReplyDelete