17.5.13

I Think It Might Be Working...

Ever since Jon and I met, I've made it quite clear that I dislike living in the city.

Ever since Jon and I started dating, I've been carefully leaving subliminal hints that living in the country is far superior to being stuck in an urban jungle.

And ever since Jon and I have been married, I've been full out brainwashing him into thinking that the country is where we will settle down.

Since we're both stuck in the city for now as we complete our education, taking walks at the Weaselhead is where a lot of the brainwashing takes place.

Enjoy some pictures from our walk last Friday.




Look at that happy face.  I think my efforts might be working...

Have a nice May long weekend!
10 comments on "I Think It Might Be Working..."
  1. Lovely pictures. I like your sweater a lot. Where did you get it? The country is totally where it's at. Good luck with the brainwashing hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Strangely enough that sweater is from Ardene. I saw it in my mom's closet and was ooo-ing and aww-ing over it so she just gave it to me. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I want to want to live in the country but all my family and my husbands job is in the city so it is here that I will stay. Country living sounds so charming and wonderful to me but maybe because anytime I'm in the country, I'm on vacation. For example, we visit Glenwood every year and to me, living in Glenwood is walking to the park, and walking to get ice cream. But I bet LIVING there might be a different reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Glenwood! I want ice cream now that you mentioned it, haha. I guess the biggest difference between actually living in the country and vacationing there has to be getting used to not having all sorts of conveniences just a stones throw away. And you need a bit more imagination to entertain yourself I find.

      Delete
  3. So pretty!! I feel for you. I always wanted to live out of the city, but somehow it has grown on me. I do, however, avoid downtown and take weekly visits out of the city. I'm rooting for you though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Emily. I think I could handle living in Lethbridge. After coming down from Calgary, Lethbridge still feels sort of "small town-ish." But ultimately, the country is what I long for :)

      Delete
  4. Kristen, you have a lovely eye for photographs :) These are beautiful! (And your sweater rules.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey! I can't wait to read about your last trip out East.

      Delete