22.11.16

8 Minute Memoir - Day Sixteen

Day Sixteen - "Learning New Things"

x

For the most part, I like to think that I like to learn.  I like creating little projects for myself where I can learn a new skill, or simply gain the experience of trying something new.  My most recent learning experience was the process of creating a simple design to be screen printed onto a t-shirt and then having it printed on a relatively large quantity of t-shirts.  I learned that people like cheap t-shirts but not cheap quality t-shirts.  So there's this whole paradox of trying to find a quality t-shirt, getting it screen printed, and then selling it for an affordable price, yet still managing to make a little bit of a profit in order to not completely waste all of your time.  I enjoyed this learning experience.  But what I mostly learned about it is that I don't have the patience or energy to be very good at marketing.  Nope.  Not even a little bit.  Want to know why?  Because I feel safe saying that the majority of all marketing, especially for small businesses, takes place on social media.  And to put it lightly, I really don't like using my social media with the hidden (or maybe really open) agenda of trying to take your money.  I've had people come out of the wood work to see if I want them to coach me in some workout program and so on.  For the most part, I really admire their drive and determination, but at the same time, please just leave me alone.

So that kind of went off on a tangent.  I guess we can say that I don't like learning about marketing.  These days Jon is really the one out in the world learning new things.  He's aiming for med school.  Since getting married, I've been the one with the anatomy and medicine type background since I did a year of Respiratory Therapy.  I've been the one that knows lots in that department.  And to be completely honest, facing the reality that one day Jon will probably be the smart one in that department makes me a little jealous and defensive.  What am I going to have on him if he one ups me there?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment