5.8.12

A Collection of Things My Inner Child is Dying to Scream Out.

I started working as a lifeguard and swimming instructor again last month.  I just can't seem to be able to escape my first job.  Fortunately, I'm still a student, so it's forgivable to still be rocking the same job I had in grade ten.

Anyways, long story short, I am now working with children for a great deal of time each day.  I teach them how to blow bubbles, do back floats, and front crawl.  And we play games.  

If I had things my way, we would probably just play games for the entire lesson.  Because I have the maturity of a five year old when I get in the water.  Unfortunately, my boss tends to sneak on to the deck every so often to make sure us instructors are being responsible.

With this sudden saturation of child socialization, I can feel my inner child dying to get some things out.  Because honestly, most of the time I still feel like I'm a minor.  And when I say minor, I mean less than 12.

So allow me to share a collection of things my inner child is in fact dying to scream out about.


I WANT CANDY!!!

Why can't I eat candy for every single meal of the day?  Okay, I know the answer.  I would feel sick and instantly regret it.  And it would completely ruin anything I did that day in regards to exercise.  But that doesn't stop me from wanting it.  A lot.  Side note:  Don't go to Bulk Barn when you're feeling this way.  You will cave in a big, big way.  


SOMEBODY PUSH ME!!!

Yup that's me.  And I need a push.  Usually I can get up and swinging no problem, but lately I'm lazy and I just want somebody to give me a quick push.  Heck, I'd even take an "under duck."  What I'm trying to say is that I'm seriously lacking in the ambition department.  My life has been so abnormal lately that my poor little routine has been beat up and shoved into a dumpster.  So can somebody just push me into that dumpster so I can pick it back up and be friends with a structured life again?


I WANT NEW TOYS!!!

For the longest time, I looked forward to Jon and I moving into a place of our own.  Now that we are finally in that place of our own, I now want other things.  (That's really how life works, eh?  A constant battle of wanting, receiving, and then wanting more.  Disgusting... and guilty)  Anyways, as I continue to unpack, I'm realizing that I need, I mean, want, some new toys.  Like a new bed.  Don't get me wrong, but Jon's "nest" is very lovely, but sometimes it gets old to be continually rolling into the springless middle of a bed.  But I am grateful for a nest bed!  It will make for a great story 20 years down the road.


 I WANT MY MOM!!!

Sometimes I think this very look creeps into my twenty-three year old eyes.  Just look at me.  I want my mom.  I wish I would have realized how much stuff my mom does before I was married and bequeathed the mantel of "woman-of-the-house."  There was this one time that I just laid on the floor and when Jon came to ask me what was wrong, all I could muster to say was, "I want my mom."  And then a single tear may or may not have slipped from my eyes.  Long story short, I want my mom a lot lately.  Fortunately, I'm visiting her right now.  And she just made me these caramel chocolate chip cookie squares.  Be jealous.  I have the best mom.


WHAT THE HECK?!?

It seems like the day before yesterday that I was in Angela's old playhouse, hanging out with friends, and we were talking about baby names we liked, as if they were something impossibly far away.  And then it seems like yesterday, we were all telling dead baby jokes and talking about being baby haters.  And now all the sudden today, I'm sitting here looking at pictures of these same girls holding their own spawn, talking about how much they love these crying and pooping machines with exceptionally hip names.  Ummm, when did this all happen?  We're not supposed to be having babies!  We're still babies ourselves!  But they sure make cute mommies.


Ummm, wanna play dress up?

No description necessary.  I've been dying to.  Let me know if you're in.  I have a very big selection of vintage dresses to choose from.  And we could take pictures of ourselves.  And put them on Facebook. You know you wanna.

Have yourself a good week.  Cheers.
2 comments on "A Collection of Things My Inner Child is Dying to Scream Out."
  1. oh my gosh dress up.... YES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha loved it Kristen!! And just so you know... these desires never go away! I constantly crave candy, I need a push about every day to get going, I look at my life all the time and think "when did all this happen. I don't remember agreeing to let life fly by so fast." Now I'm beginning to understand why Grandma always said she gets shocked when she looks in the mirror and sees and old lady because she still feels so young inside. I still call my mom constantly (I love what she's doing in Peru, but I miss her like crazy when she's gone, plus, don't tell Larry, but when I'm in labor, it's my mom I want by my side). And as for dressing up... my kids own a million costumes and I'm already planning our Halloween costumes because I miss dressing up like crazy and I guess I live that part through them now. I also force things on them like Superheroes, Star Wars, and Barbies just so I can experience them again. :) Cheers to life and growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete