10.2.13

Ambiguous and Awkward.

Sometimes I wonder where my blog fits in.  It's like it's some sort of wild card.

I don't blog about fashion.  Because I seriously have no sense of style whatsoever.  If I did, a post would go something like this:

Every girl needs a little bit of leather.


The best way to look good for any occasion is to wear leather.  Or to wear a dress that has a sleeve-cape.


Sleeve-capes are going to be the next big thing.  Trust me.

And I don't really blog about cooking because I don't have the patience to take pictures of every step when I'm making something.  And, to be perfectly honest, I don't really cook awesome stuff that much.  But there was that one time I made myself some French Toast and it had a skull on it.  So a Kristen cooking blog would go something like this:

Today in Kristen's kitchen, we're learning how to read the egg markings on a piece of French Toast.


This doesn't look so good.  Let's take a closer look.


Yup.  That's a bad omen for sure.  I'd say I've got about seven days...

I can't really blog about home decor.  Probably because I'm not that crafty and I'm a poor student who can barely afford the home, let alone the decor.  But, to be a good sport, a Kristen home decor blog would be as follows:

I'm really excited to show you what I've done with the place.  I decided to take the whole hipster/vintage trend and really go with it.  I call this style neo-hipsterism.  


Essentially you just let everything rot.  To speed the process up I let a herd of cattle in with all the doors and windows open during the winter.


The kitchen is a real work of art.

And since I'm not a mom, I can't blog about a cute little baby.  But, when the time comes, this could potentially be what you have to look forward to:

I had a baby.  Get over it.


I'm holding a baby.  So what.


I know I said I hate babies.  But people can change.  So there.

Haha, just kidding, but seriously.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that my blog feels like a kid in high school that doesn't really fit in to any specific clique.  It's the awkward kid.  You know, the one that is painfully honest to the point of being too much information.  The one that thinks too much, over-analyzing and over-analogizing everything in life.  And the one that doesn't keep the awkwardly eccentric side of them hidden where it properly belongs.  

So, until my eccentric blog can figure things out, I'm just gunna keep being ambiguous and awkward.  To prove it to you, allow me to share a gift I made for Jon yesterday while I was waiting for him to get home from work.


I think I might have potential in a music career.  

Have a good week.
10 comments on "Ambiguous and Awkward."
  1. Kristen, your blog is the kind of blog that all the blogs in other cliques secretly wish they could be more like. The kind of blog that can inspire somebody and change the way they look at something. The best kind. I love your blog. Don't change a thing.

    And that video is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, you are an amazing human. Seriously. And your blog is wonderful - it's the kind of blog other people wish they could write. Fashion and cooking are great, but your blog deals so gracefully and hopefully with the complicated, messy, difficult parts of being human, and it's inspiring. Also, the awkward kids in high school are always the ones who grow up to be mind-blowingly awesome. I think that's like a statistical fact or something.

    Hailey (from Zums)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously laughed my face off so hard my kids thought something was wrong with me. Haha you crack me up! I love love love reading your blog. Makes me laugh, cry (sometimes from laughing), and think. Love you tonnes, and keep this crazy, awkward, informative blog going till, like, forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahha - all of these comments are the best!! They all made me laugh and feel like my blog and I were cool kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just made my whole day! Hahahaha! Love the pics and the video is awesome! I always write these serious love songs for Joe, but I think yours ROCKS! And knowing Joe I think he would appreciate it more. Haha! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one appreciate your blog (and stalk it multiple times a day). KEEP WRITING!!!!

    Kate (from Zum's)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha oh man that video was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. neo-hipsterism is totally going to be he next best thing.
    and you are a nerd hahaha that video was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you put up a post like this, because that is exactly how I feel like my blog is too. And I'm glad you commented on my post to remind me to put up the pictures we got taken a few months ago. I keep forgetting. . oops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love your random humor and your blog. You had me laughing from the sleeve capes and the leather, right through to the egg skull. How do you come up with this stuff? I view your blog more as the kid at school who is funny, honest, kind and real. The kid at school that you want to be around because when you're around that kid you feel good. When I read your blog, it makes me laugh and it helps me feel like I'm not the only one struggling with things. Thanks for all the things you write!

    ReplyDelete